Today's recipe comes from Delish.com
- 4 small 3 inch whole wheat pitas
- 1/2 c. part skim ricotta
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 clove of garlic
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 package of frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 pt. bocconcini
1. Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat. Line a large baking sheet with foil and arrange pitas cut side up.
2. In a bowl, combine ricotta, oregano, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Divide evenly onto the pitas and top with spinach and bocconcini. Season again.
3. Brown until cheese is melted and starts to brown (4 - 6 minutes) rotating sheet from front to back halfway through baking. Serve immediately.
Today's recipe was submitted by the fabulous Renee Hennings. Renee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. She found this recipe at http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a15528/mini-spinach-cheese-pizzas-recipe-mslo0511/