“Adequate consumption of omega-3 fatty acids is vitally important during pregnancy as they are critical building blocks of fetal brain and retina. Omega-3 fatty acids may also play a role in determining the length of gestation and in preventing perinatal depression.” **
This recipe pairs very well with a quickly thrown together arugula salad tossed with lemon juice and olive oil, and a wild rice pilaf.
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 1 cup heavy cream (not ultra-pasteurized)
- (4) 4-6 ounce wild-caught salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Arrange fillets in a cast iron pan or a casserole dish, pour fresh, heavy cream over salmon fillets.
3. Sprinkle fresh dill and thyme over the cream-drenched salmon and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until salmon is firm and flakes easily.
4. Serve immediately.
Today's recipe was submitted by the fabulous WBC doula Shea Coffey. Shea can be reached at email@example.com