"This is a great recipe for a quick and easy entree. My wife, who was 8 1/2 months pregnant, had chicken thawing and asked me to cook since she was exhausted. She didn't have any plans so I just threw some things together and came up with this recipe. I'm sure it could be improved upon, but in a pinch it was easy and delicious."
We love "Easy and Delicious" in a pinch!! Toss in a bag of 90 sec rice and some steam-in-bag broccoli and you have a meal in 20 minutes. Make a bigger batch, and freeze the extra for a future microwave meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken tenders (or boneless, skinless breasts and cut into 1/2" thick strips)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Add chicken to the pan and stir into the sauce mixture to coat.
- Place cover on saucepan and simmer until the chicken pieces are cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove cover and spoon sauce over chicken pieces; continue cooking until sauce thickens, about 4 minutes more.
- Plate the rice and broccoli, cover with the chicken and sauce. Enjoy!!
Sourced by the Fabulous Doula Renee Hennings (who admits, she doesn't cook, so if she can do it, you can do it!) Original post can be found at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/228774/emergency-chicken/