This vegetarian chowder has a great flavor and provides all the warm fuzziness that comfort food should provide. Quick and tasty, my family loves when they come home and this is cooking on the stove.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 med onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ c potatoes diced
- 6 c vegetable broth
- 1c pumpkin puree
- 1c corn
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sage
- ½ c light cream
- salt/pepper to taste
- Heat butter in soup pot.
- Add onions, garlic and potatoes.
- Saute until onions are done.
- Add veg broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 30 min.
- Add pumpkin puree, corn and herbs.
- Return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 min.
- Remove from heat, stir in cream.
- Blend with hand blender.
Today's recipe is contributed by the Fabulous WBC Doula Jill Dillner. Jill can be reached at email@example.com