Just ladle into a mug and you can eat it anywhere at any time. Keep it in the refrigerator and microwave a cup throughout the day.
If you dice the ingredients small enough, you won't even need the spoon! (Great for those times when you only have one hand!)
Today's recipe comes from the SheKnows blog site. They have a cool daily recipe blog that can be delivered to your inbox.
Tomato Escarole Orzo Soup
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 35 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can green beans
- 2 cups chopped escarole leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- Parmesan, for garnish
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- To a pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion, and cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add in the minced garlic, and cook for an additional minute, until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, vegetables and seasonings. Mix well, then cover the pot, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the orzo, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, and serve warm.
Original post can be found on the SheKnows website