This is a great option for those who are altering their diet to be Gluten-Free. Step out of the routine and try some new flavors!
- 2.5 – 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh oregano (or ½ tsp dried)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, remove skin & thinly slice lemon
- ½ cup white wine (or vinegar)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup pitted, dried prunes, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup pitted, green olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 TBSP capers
- Place the chicken thighs in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the garlic, thyme, oregano, sea salt, and pepper over the chicken.
- Place the lemon slices on and around the chicken.
- All the white wine, chicken broth, prunes, olives, and capers.
- Cook the chicken on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve the chicken with a spoonful of the juices and lots of the prunes, olives, and capers.
Today's recipe was submitted by the fabulous WBC doula Cornelia Mazzan. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org